Summary: The Billing Clerk position carries out the records maintenance and billing functions of the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits reports and billing work queues to support accuracy of data and billing entry functions. Provides billing logs and audit reports to Billing Manager for review.
- Inputs all billing information into county billing system for services for which progress notes have been approved.
- Prepares client files for closure and storage.
- Processes closing data in county billing system, in preparation for client chart closings.
- Answers the agency telephone and routes calls as appropriate or takes messages.
- Greets and treats clients and guests in a warm, welcoming fashion.
- Checks and replenishes agency clinical forms supplies.
- Attends Clerical Operations Group (COG) meetings and other county meetings/trainings, as assigned, to ensure timely knowledge and application of changes related to the county billing system and processes.
- Participates in agency-related events (All-Staff lunches, All-Staff meetings, Administrative department meetings, etc.) to support the presence and inclusion of the administrative team within the organization.
- May on occasion perform chart auditing functions for quality assurance purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
2. Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (BS or BA).
- Minimum of three years of general office experience, preferably in a mental health setting.
- Knowledge and skill in using Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office products including at a minimum, Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn the agency’s specific electronic records and billing software systems.
- Must submit to fingerprinting and be cleared by the California Department of Justice and the FBI for criminal and child abuse background checks.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, and crouch without physical limitations; and must be able to work effectively in a high-noise, rapid-pace environment.
Preferred Qualifications: 1. Previous records and or billing experience in a mental health or medical setting. 2. Experience with working with California MediCal billing system.