In this role you will engage with the children in the Comprehensive Therapeutic Nursery (CTN) to develop self-regulation, language, cognitive, interpersonal, motor, perceptual, and other skills with an emphasis on social and emotional development. Our therapeutic classroom provides mental health support in a preschool environment. (Although many of the children receive special education support, we do not work with children on the spectrum or with primarily developmental delays)
This position is perfect for those with preschool experience and have completed their masters looking for an AMFT or ASW internship. We offer a reasonable productivity expectation, with possibility of a generous bonus, a flexible schedule for parents, excellent supervision, and a positive supportive work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with children in the classroom setting to improve social and emotional development; self-regulation skills; and language, cognitive, interpersonal, motor, perceptual, and other skills that will enable the child to successfully enter a mainstream school environment.
- Assists to establish the therapeutic milieu in the classroom setting and implement each child's treatment plan. Adapts oneself to the individual needs of clients by setting limits, interpreting the underlying meaning of behaviors, and following the client’s lead in play.
- Responds to each client’s needs and/or unsafe behavior quickly and effectively by utilizing the principles of Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
- create age appropriate curriculum and other preschool related activities such as: documenting the children's development, ordering and organizing of supplies, menu planning and meal preparation, cleaning and other general duties related to the overall operation and maintenance of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in human/child development, social welfare, psychology, counseling, or a related field.
- Teacher or Master Teacher Child Development Permit granted by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing; OR (12) semester units in Early Childhood Education core coursework.
- Two years experience working with young children in a daycare or preschool program, preferably as a teacher or mental health consultant.
- Must submit to fingerprinting and be cleared by the California Department of Justice and the FBI for criminal and child abuse background checks.
Employee must be able to lift, grasp, and hold a 50-lb. dynamic load; must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, and crouch without physical limitations. Must be able to quickly rise from sitting position on chairs and floor demonstrating rapid motor movement and responses. Must be able to work effectively in a high-noise, rapid-pace environment.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Two year’s experience working with young children with mental, emotional, and behavioral challenges.
The agency offers competitive salary with an annual language stipend for fluent Spanish speakers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental insurance, and generous paid vacation. We also offer a generous productivity bonus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $58,000.00 /year
*Or submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com*